Thursday, November 30, 2006

As White As Snow

"Come now, and let us reason together,"
Says the LORD,
"Though your sins are like scarlet,
They shall be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They shall be as wool."

-Isaiah 1:18-

Just something that was going through my mind as I was staring out the living room window watching the snow.

"Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
And in sin my mother conceived me.
Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts,
And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."

-Psalm 51:5-7-

A reminder of the great things that God has done through His Son who beared our crimson stain and made us whiter than snow.

"God thunders wondrously with his voice; he does great things that we cannot comprehend.
For to the snow he says, 'Fall on the earth,' likewise to the downpour, his mighty downpour.
He seals up the hand of every man, that all men whom he made may know it."

-Job 37:5-7-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the snowy verses. To be whiter than snow and that clean of our sins would be a great thing indeed.

Btw, I'm glad you speak to us at the track because it's hard to tell you apart from the other tall, dark headed runners.

-Arwen