Monday, October 23, 2006

The Message (Part 1) Intro

Modern evangelism has grown to be an increasing concern to me. The most depressing thing is that its normally the drum beat or the feel good message that most churches provide that is the true drawing in of people. Not the message of Christ the great savior.

The message has become so weak, that it is widely accepted by anyone who hears it. The lines like, "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life." And the reading of a single passage such as
Romans 10:9 or John 1:12, John 3:16 have become just all time favorites, and have been conformed to fit the message of the one just attempting to get numbers, and not making true disciples. Almost making it seem as though the rest of the Gospel message the old testament and the epistles just a cool little story, that would be good to read but is not necessarily of any use to a Christian.

Most churches have taken Christ out of the message, and God out of the picture of salvation and have left it in the hands of man to do all the work. Instead of using the Bible for what it is meant for, it has been placed on the bookshelf to look good. Some churches have taken passages out of the Bible, and like to make up things that sound good to go along with it, most of the liberal church has literally taken their "liberty" to change whatever they want in the Bible and would like to bring in other things such as macro-evolution into the picture, and try to conform the Bible to supposed "science" instead of conforming science to the Bible.

So then what is the message?
What is the law any good for?
What exactly did Christ come to do?
What does it mean to be a Christian? or a disciple?

I just want to write out a little series I guess you could call it, to try and explain by using the scripture, and some of the ideas of some of the more intelligent "true" Gospel proclaimers than myself.

I think that I should lay out, that I profess the whole Bible to be the infallible inerrant word of the One and true holy God. That is Old and New are the words of God spoken through the prophets and the apostles by the holy Spirit. So all I write I hope to be as much scripture as I can possibly use for that subject, so that it is not me or anyone else that you listen to, but the word of God.

Galatians 1
10 For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.
11 For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.

No comments: